I’ve been nominated for a blog award! Thankyou very much to the Rookie Allotmenteers (http://therookieallotmenteers.wordpress.com) for the nomination of a Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
The rules of the award are that as a nominee you should –
Thank and link the person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So – seven random facts about myself that you might not already know:
1. I’ll eat pretty much anything from the kitchen garden, but I really hate the taste of raw celery.
2. I was born on my grandmothers birthday, 2 days before Christmas. People often feel sorry for me having a Christmas birthday, but I love the excitement of the build up to Christmas, and it’s a time when most people are in a happy and celebratory mood, even if it’s just to have some time off work. So I just revel in the atmosphere of it all and am glad it’s not in the dull anticlimax afterwards when people are often fed up.
3. I had my appendix out when I was 17, I haven’t missed it much.
4. I descend from a long line of gardeners, on both sides. My fathers father, who I never knew (he died when I was 2), had several allotment plots, and I have inherited some of his old tools which are still going strong.
5. I sew and crochet in my spare time, or at least when I can’t garden due to the weather. I love to bake bread and cakes, and I occasionally paint too (see zoesart.wordpress.com).
6. I’m a creative person, but I’m hopeless with numbers and have a terrible sense of direction. I have to really think about which is left and right!
7. My middle initial is E and my surname starts with N, so my full initials spell ZEN. I don’t think this was intentional on my parents part, just a coincidence, but it’s a philosophy I try to live up to, even when I’m weeding.
Passing on the award is a tricky one, as it seems so many people have already been nominated (some more than once) for this. I know that’s not quite the point, but it’s nice to be able to pass it on to people who haven’t yet received it. So I’m going to nominate a couple of people I have recently started following:
Lost on the Plot (http://lostontheplot.wordpress.com)
Digging for Sanity (http://diggingforsanity.wordpress.com)